I found this recipe at http://The-silencer.com. Let me know how it turns out for you! If you are looking for a healthy option, there’s nothing better than a pasta salad full of vegetables and NO MAYO for a pool party. The peppadew peppers are the best sweet and spicy addition, don’t skip them!
Loaded Lemon Pasta Salad – Serves 8-10
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked al detnte
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 can black olives hearts, cut in 1/2
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in 1/2
- 4-5 Persian cucumbers
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 10-15 peppadew peppers
- 6 green onions, chopped green & white parts
- Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons champagne vinegar (or red/white wine vinegar can be used)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 salt & 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Make Dressing: Put all ingredients (except olive oil) in a blender. Turn blender on low and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Set aside.
Cook Pasta: Cook pasta according to directions, making sure not to overcook. Drain immediately and add to large bowl. While warm, toss with a little of the dressing to coat so it will absorb the flavors. Add spinach to warm pasta to wilt slightly. Let cool for 10 minutes. Add rest of the ingredients, toss with more dressing (to your liking) and taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed. Place in the refrigerator for a few hours for the flavors to develop. Serve cold or room temperature.