I've been making this dish for several years and I never get tired of it. The combination of the sweet sauce, warm spices and salty olives is addictive. It's fast to make and leftovers are just as good the next day. If you don't devour it all... which I usually do.
Moroccan Chicken Thighs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut to bite size pieces
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup quartered dried apricots figs (about 2 ounces)
- ¼ cup chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons dry Marsala or Madeira
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. To finish sprinkle with a little more cilantro.
Serve over a bed of couscous.