Not exactly a “winter” dish but a refreshing break from the warm and filling soups and sides on the menu. Gulf shrimp has been a steal for the past month. I’ve been buying a pound a week and keeping them cooked in the fridge for snacking and salads.
This recipe is another from a friends grandmother, Pat Lacy. Simple and beautiful. This would make a beautiful appetizer served in endive leaves.
Tip: When cooking your shrimp, add some Old Bay and lemon juice to the cooking liquid for added flavor.
- 1 pound cooked and cleaned shrimp
- 2 hard boiled eggs, small dice
- 1 cup celery, small dice
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tobasco or hot sauce
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve on lettuce. 4 servings.